There is nothing worse than not hearing what is happening during a video call, or other people on the network can’t hear you. After all, even a bad video call can turn a video call into a normal audio conversation, and frankly speaking, it is not the worst in the world. When making Zoom calls, there are often sound problems that can be easily solved. The following steps will teach you how to quickly diagnose and correct these problems.
While the exact process may vary slightly from one device to another, you may need to give Zoom permission to access your computer’s camera and microphone before making the first call. If you have problems with sound, you may have missed this step during setup, but don’t worry, it’s easy to fix! This is how it works on your Windows 10 computer.
Causes of Mic Not Working Issues on Zoom
If your microphone does not recognize the sound when using Zoom, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- Your microphone is off.
- Your microphone is muted in your device settings.
- The wrong microphone or speakers are selected when you zoom in.
- The organizer of the meeting has disabled all other microphones.
- Interference with other programs.
- Hardware problems with the microphone.
- Outdated device drivers.
Reboot the PC
This is often a temporary problem, and a simple restart will return the sound to your Zoom application.
- First, close the Zoom app and open it again.
- Check if the microphone is working.
- If Zoom Audio is still not working, restart your computer.
Check the sound
You can test your video and audio before the meeting by joining the test.
- When you first join a meeting, Zoom automatically tests your speakers. If you can’t hear the ringtone, use the drop-down menu or press No to change the speaker until you hear the ringtone. Click Yes to continue testing the microphone.
- Zoom will then test the connected microphone to make sure others can hear you. If you can’t hear the sound, use the pop-up menu or press “No” to change the microphone until you hear the sound. Press “Yes” when you hear the reading.
- Press “Connect to an audio computer” to complete the test and join the meeting.
Unmute your Audio
Sometimes there are no problems. It’s just that our microphone is off on the zoom and therefore not working. In this case a red line will appear on the microphone icon at the bottom of the Zoom application. Click on it to activate it again. You can also press the space key to activate the sound.
Change the microphone
You should also try to change the microphone used in the Zoom application. Before you join the meeting, do the following:
- In the Zoom application, click the settings icon in the upper right corner.
- Click the Audio tab on the left pane. Click the drop-down list next to the microphone. Change the microphone. You can also check this with the “Test microphone” button. If the sound works correctly, the progress bar next to the input level will change.
- While in the meeting, click the small arrow next to the “Mute / Enable Sound” button on the bottom panel of the meeting screen. Select another microphone from the list.